Do you love your stuff? Does some of your stuff need TLC? Do you want to support small businesses? Then our Repair Revolution pop-Up is the event for you!
On Saturday February 27th, you have the opportunity to come to our downtown store and meet local businesses that can fix your stuff! From 12-4pm we will have several pop up businesses in store with helpful tips, repair options and quotes all available on the spot!
Unfortunately, due to
random insurance policies unforeseen issues, no repairs can happen on-site, BUT the vendors will be accepting drop-off items, so you can still bring in your goodies that need some love!
Repair Revolution’s aim is to help create the regenerative economy that all people deserve. As of now, the system reinforces needless consumption and planned obsolescence. Repair Revolution promotes circular economic principles that envision a world where products are well-designed and materials are supported by repair and re-manufacturing. Repair Revolution and Oaklandish want to fight the norm of allowing our clothes, shoes, furniture, etc. to be thought of as disposable. There is a better way!
From 12-4pm on the 27th of February, we will have the following pop-up vendors in store:
– Upholstery / Kay Chesterfield, in business since 1921
– Clothing repairs / Sweet Potato Seamstressing, 4th generation dress maker
– Shoe repair / Shoe Clinic, 2nd generation cobbler
– Lamp repair / Cole Hardware, family owned business since 1921 [on-site 12pm- 2pm]
– iPhone and iPad repairs / iSave iPhone and iPad Mobile Repair, gadget repair est. 2015 [on-site 2pm-4pm]
to RSVP head over to the Eventbrite page and let us know you’re coming! The event is free to attend, but there is a pretty cool tote bag for sale on the page for those who might be interested! So see you on the 27th!
WHO: Repair Revolution at Oaklandish’s DTO store. Vendors specialize in upholstery, clothing repair, shoe repair, lamp repair and iPhone/iPad repairs
WHAT: On-site drop off, repair quotes, meet and greet with vendors and general Q&A/ information on repairs.
WHEN: 12pm- 4pm Saturday February 27th, 2016.
WHERE: Downtown Oakand Oaklandish store – 1444 Broadway Ave.
Share this post
- Tags: clothing repair, downtown oakland, drop off, Events, lamp repair, Oaklandish, Other, phone repair, pop-up, repair, Repair Revolutiuon, saturday Feb 27th, shoe, show repair, upholstery