Spring has sprung and Oaklandish has news from one of our 2016 Innovator Award winning non profits: The Town Kitchen!
It’s hard to believe that this time last year, The Town Kitchen had just delivered their first 1000 meals. It was a huge milestone then and we’re looking forward to sharing many more.
What’s new with The Town Kitchen…
– Huzzah! February was their biggest sales month to-date!
– They made the April issue of Sunset Magazine! Grab it on a newsstand near you.
– They’ve been recognized as Innovation Entrepreneurs by Social Venture Network.
– They are Finalists for Localwise’s Work Local Awards!
– Last week, The Town Kitchen proudly served Wharton’s Social Impact Conference (again!) The Town Kitchen is grateful to have them as a returning client and mission-aligned partner.
– #hellaOakland: On Thursday, our lunches are going out to the Warriors Foundation during the court unveiling at East Oakland Youth Development Center.
– And perhaps, their biggest achievement — we’ve promoted internally! Please join us in congratulating Isaiah who went from hourly Team Lead to salaried Junior Sous Chef.
Join The Town Kitchen this Thursday!
– The Town Kitchen is partnering with Better Ventures during their Fireside Chat at Impact HUB Oakland. Hear from Revolution Foods’ Kristin Richmond while sipping on refreshments from our partners at Red Bay Coffee and Verde Vivo Tea. Tickets are 50% off with code “THE-TOWN-KITCHEN”
“It’s been quite a ride so far and we truly couldn’t do it without you. Thanks again for all your emails, tweets and, of course, orders!”
Sabrina, Founder & CEO